Controller - Accounting Manager
Position Summary: This construction and real estate development company is growing revenue and their product type. Managerial responsibility for the completion and accuracy of the multiple company’s monthly and year- end financial statements, internal financial reporting, the general accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and potentially the payroll accounting functions. This position reports to the President and CEO.
1. Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of Company’s general ledger and financial statements.
3. Prepares company’s monthly financial statements and maintains related account reconciliations.
4. Plays a lead role in assisting with the Accounts Receivable invoicing and Accounts Payable vendor invoice payment. Oversight of contract billings, lien releases and relationships with our customer base will be required.
5. Assist with all HR and Payroll duties (including prevailing wages, and benefit reporting.
6. Oversee Purchase Order functions with other staff members understand the impact to the financial statements.
7. Manages the bank and credit card reconciliations.
8. Supports the accounting department in maintaining the integrity (internal control system) of Company’s overall accounting system.
9. Provides input of the general accounting, payroll and capital asset and control processes.
10. Prepare all required payroll and business tax reporting, as well as supporting external consultants and providers including the CPA firm.
11. Provides cross department and location support for the updated construction system implemented to ensure all aspects of sales, purchasing, warehouse and executives have answer and resolutions to questions about the system.
Accounting Manager may be required to perform related duties not specifically listed above.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. A combination of both general and cost accounting experience of 5 – 7 years of work experience in a construction environment. Must be able to learn software quickly and become a key interface for supporting the employees in its use.
Knowledge of general accounting, GAAP, and personal computer skills, including advanced Excel skills required.
Must be highly motivated with exceptional management and organizational skills complemented with effective communication abilities to interface with both internal and outside resources. This position must possess a high regard for confidentiality and also have effective written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with QuickBooks and other construction software and management. Some CPA firm experience preferred.
Submit Resume, if qualified with compensation history
Compensation: Depending on Experience and includes health insurance benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, and sick leave
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance