We are a residential home builder in the Seattle area, and we are looking for a skilled carpenter with a minimum of 5 yrs of experience. Pay will be $30-35/hr DOE plus health insurance. Since we build homes from start to finish, a general knowledge of the entire construction process is preferable. While not necessary, experience dealing with clients/customers is also good.
- Have reliable transportation large enough to carry all required tools, and a clean driving record
- Be capable of driving a 1-ton tilt bed truck when needed
- Have enough skill to be able to be put on tasks and finish them without supervision and minimal direction
- Have the necessary tools to do general pickup work in residential homes from framing through final punch lists at end of the building process
- Be willing to work outside despite the weather conditions
- Perform any task given to them with a good attitude (there may be days you’re just scrapping out a job site)
- Experience with general carpentry (rough and finish) including interior detailing such as drywall patch repair, finish carpentry, etc
- Capable of instructing and directing Company labor or hired temp labor
- MUST have a good work ethic which includes a generally good attitude
- Able to be cordial and accommodating to neighbors
- Can work on ladders up to 40ft
- Able to perform basic labor tasks such as digging when necessary for 8 hours (though this will be rare)
- Drug-free (no exceptions)
Who We Are:
Ashworth Homes has been a residential home builder in the Seattle area since 2002. We know your home is much more than a place where you reside. It can give energy, breathe life and create a space for rest and peace. This is why we are committed to owner satisfaction where individuals can enjoy a safe, beautiful, and inviting home. Toward this end, we only work with the best architects, engineers, and designers. The results are high-quality, comfortable homes that offer a contemporary yet classic feel using superior products. It is this unparalleled dedication to quality design, flow, and craftsmanship that leaves our customers with a great home they can not only enjoy but be proud of.
What We Offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, including $15K life insurance policy (partially paid by employer)
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Bonus program
- Continuing education support including a monthly training allowance
The character of the people we hire is important to us above all else. We’re a pretty laid-back company, and we expect people to be self-motivated and get the job done quickly and correctly without someone needing to ride/yell at them all day to do so. If a relaxed, team-oriented company that takes pride in its work sounds like what you’re looking for then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please respond by providing the items below and attach a resume.
Please include in your response:
Experience (type of construction and for how long)
When you can start
Phone number and best time to reach you
Expected compensation amount
List of power tools you own