Z-house is a one of a kind, Built Green, 2,624 square foot, single family residence currently under construction in the Ravenna neighborhood of Seattle.
Z-house plans were designed by pb Elemental Design (h-link www.pbelemental.com) and engineered by LFD Structural Engineering LLC (h-link firstname.lastname@example.org) as a modern custom home for a local family of four. Z-house derives its name from the unique architectural Z-shaped feature that defines the second floor building mass from all exterior perspectives. Design features of the 2,624 square foot house include:
- Expansive south-facing windows maximize natural light and heat capture
- Green roof over detached garage
- Cedar-clad rooftop deck
- Bio-cell stormwater remediation
- Fully insulated and sealed slab concrete floor
- Multi-zone in-floor radiant heat
- 12-foot ceilings
- Custom cabinetry with floating vanities
- Minerit siding
- Custom Taylor Metal exterior soffiting
- Chroma countertops with undermount sinks
- Custom mudset-tile showers with frameless glass doors
- Z-House themed finishes through including fixtures, flooring, hardware and appliances
Ashworth has provided assistance and preliminary cost information to the owner and design team throughout the design development and entitlement process. Construction began in September 2010. Completion is expected in the 2nd quarter of 2011.